Alpha Brain Ingredients List | What’s in Alpha Brain
Alpha Brain is a natural Nootropic, or “smart drug,” developed by Onnit Labs. This nootropic contains a powerful and diverse blend of natural ingredients that target a user’s mental functioning. Specifically, the Alpha Brain recipe was designed to sharpen users’ mental focus, improve memory, and support lucid dreaming.
What sets Alpha Brain apart from other nootropic supplements is the research that Onnit Labs has put into their recipe. To fully understand the power of this supplement, users must understand the individual Alpha Brain ingredients that make up the nootropic formula.
Important Alpha Brain Ingredients:
● GPC Choline: Onnit Labs chose to include GPC choline, or glyceryl phosphoryl choline, in their recipe to increase the production of acetylcholine in users. Acetylcholine is a neurotransmitter that plays a role in the central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system. Research has shown that people who increase their intake of acetylcholine experience enhanced memory, mental function, and athletic ability. These functions make GPC choline one of the most important Alpha Brain ingredients.
● AC-11®: AC-11® is an ingredient, patented by Optigenix Inc., that Onnit Labs chose to license specifically for their Alpha Brain recipe. AC-11® is an extract derived from the South American Uncaria tomentosa plant. Research has found this extract effective in supporting DNA repair and white blood cell recovery. AC-11® was also found effective in reducing weight, pain, and fatigue.
● Huperzia Serrata: Onnit Labs has chosen to include Huperzine serrata in their Alpha Brain ingredients in order to take advantage of its active ingredient, Huperzine A. Huperzine A is an alkaloid that inhibits acetylcholinesterase. When this enzyme is left unchecked, it breaks down acetylcholine. Since
acetylcholine is known to enhance cognitive function and improve memory, it was important for Onnit Labs to include this ingredient in their nootropic recipe.
●Vinpocetine: Vinpocentine is one of the most important ingredients included in the Alpha Brain recipe. This ingredient works as a vasodilator and increases blood flow to the brain. Studies have found vinpocentine effective in improving the mental condition of stroke patients and those with other impairments. Vinpocentine has also been proven effective in reducing inflammation and helping to prevent hair loss.
● Bacopa: Bacopa was added to the Alpha Brain ingredients after a study found the substance effective in enhancing mental function in Alzheimer’s patients. Onnit Labs recognized the benefits of bacopa and decided to include this potent substance in their nootropic recipe.
● Pterostilbene: Pterostilbene is a potent antioxidant similar to resveratol. This antioxidant helps to neutralize dangerous free radicals, reduce damage to the cells, and reduce a person’s risk of developing heart disease, cancer, and other health problems. By adding pterostilbene to the Alpha Brain ingredients, Onnit Labs takes Alpha Brain from a regular nootropic to a balanced supplement that improves overall health.
● GABA: GABA, or gamma amino-butyric acid, is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. This means that this compound blocks the neurons from sending messages to certain receptors. GABA balances the mood, supports the body’s sleep patterns, and relaxes the nervous system. GABA is largely responsible for making Alpha Brain a nootropic that promotes REM sleep and supports lucid dreaming.
● Mucuna Pruriens: Mucuna pruriens is a legume included in the Alpha Brain ingredients for its concentration of L-Dopa. L-Dopa is a chemical essential in the production of dopamine. By including Mucuna pruriens in the Alpha Brain recipe, Onnit Labs has created a nootropic that supports users’ sleep cycles, mood, cognitive abilities, learning abilities, attention, memory, and movement.
● Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 was added to the Alpha Brain recipe in order to support the production of certain neurotransmitters, including GABA, norepinephrin, serotonin, and melatonin. This vitamin helps users improve the quality of their sleep, balance their mood, and improve the health of several bodily systems.
● Oat Straw: Oat straw is a substance that was added to the Alpha Brain ingredients for several different reasons. This substance acts as an antioxidant, reduces stress, and lowers the blood pressure. Oat straw might also be effective in treating ADHD and ADD, as well as reducing the symptoms of depression.
While each of the Alpha Brain ingredients are effective on their own, their benefits increase when combined into one powerful nootropic. When developing Alpha Brain, Onnit Labs carefully selected the most effective brain-enhancing ingredients to include in their recipe. Each of the Alpha Brain ingredients have been tested and proven to enhance cognitive abilities, focus, memory, athletic performance, and promote REM sleep.